Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International(HJFMRI)Tovuti
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International(HJFMRI)Tovuti
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania ajira (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Zone to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the jobs positions below...
Senior Manager, Contracts and Partnership Management
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Mbeya, Tanzania
The Senior Manager, Contracts and Partnership Management will manage the administration of contract and partnership activities of the HJFMRI-Tanzania in accordance with HJF/HJFMRI regulations to ensure financial accountability. S/he will oversee budget proposals and partners’ milestone financial expenditures, interpret contract and grants regulations and guidelines for spending, as well as ensuring that standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes within the contract processing are followed.
Manage relationships between the program implementing partners and stakeholders, identify and exploit opportunities for new partnerships and to link the aims and interests of HJFMRI, Tanzania Government, Non-governmental organizations and communities so as to provide an effective program implementation. As a key member of the HJMRI-Tanzania Senior team, s/he will work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Director, Operations Director, other Directors and Senior Managers to ensure a systematic, process-driven approach to partner contracts and relationship management.
1. Develop and implement all strategic and administrative initiatives within the required timeframe in collaboration with the Operations Director i.e roll-out of HJF/HJFMRI contractual /partnership guidelines or processes, departmental strategy and goals; development of annual plans and budgets.
2. Supervises the day to day contracts and partnership management for the HJFMRI PEPFAR program in Tanzania, including: reconciliation and analysis of monthly financial statements for small and large partners, monthly reporting, and submits reports to HJF/HJFMRI HQ in the US.
3. Maintains communication with the Executive Director and Contract Managers at HQ to report and address any contracts and partnership - related administrative or
compliance issue in a timely manner; Ensures all cost transfers are prepared with appropriate backup documentation;
4. Evaluates the capacity of partners to manage contracts including, development of work plans/remediation plans/improvement plans, identification and implementation of necessary metrics/milestones, monitoring, and integration of new systems into site activities;
5. Coordinate with program teams in the field, including with contract and finance staff to ensure that partner onsite reviews are conducted semiannually and on annually basis to manage risks and facilitate compliance of partner’s programs with donor and HJFMRI requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance.
6. Set up a monitoring agreement with each partner, with a duel emphasis on compliance and risk management for contracts, as well as a monitoring plan to measure the impact of the capacity building programme on partner capacity and the ability to implement good quality programmes.
7. Directs and coordinates staff (oversees a team of 12 staff that work on contracts and partnership for both central and regional offices), systems and procedures related to processing of contracts agreements; manage daily activities of the contract and grants department and develops goals and objectives for the department;
8. Work with colleagues to collect and track data on the effectiveness of partnerships through identifying issues as they arise, conducting partnership surveys, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions. Demonstrating the impact of partnerships through reports, presentations, newsletters and annual reviews.
9. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute partner management initiatives, lead analysis and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships.
10. Manage the contract portfolio for both small and large partners and serve as contract point of contact, working closely with HQ and regional office program staff, to ensure smooth implementation of awards by providing guidance, regulation interpretation and advising on any award implementation issues that is contractual in nature;,
11. Facilitate internal or external audits for small and large partners by providing information and documentation as requested and design appropriate actions following audit reviews;
12. Develops, conducts and administers in-house and external compliance and partnership training initiatives including staff training, partners training, with approval from HJFMRI-Tanzania or HJF/HJFMRI HQ in the US in areas not limited to grant writing, grant monitoring, budgeting, compliance, documentation and information management, and ethics.
13. Support staff development initiatives for contracts and partnership staff; through preparation of training modules for scheduled group trainings, linking individuals to training platforms and one-on-one mentoring/technical assistance.
14. Oversee implementation of partner meetings in liaison with Contracts Manager, department staff and program leads i.e kick-off, annual planning and budgeting, review meetings with IPs and key stakeholders.
15. Reviews and approves partner milestone payment requests before they are executed, monitor contract progress and compliance, works closely with partners to resolve problems and lead negotiations with large and small partners on modifications and edits of contracts;
16. In collaboration with the contract managers at both HJFMRI TZ and HQ, develops updates and regularly reviews and maintain a variety of partner contract templates to be utilized under its prime awards by counterpart staff;
17. Coordinate strategic partnership-building approaches with government, donor, civil society, and other HJFMRI stakeholders (i.e POLRAG) for the appropriate program implementation and contracts process compliance.
18. Manage a capacity development program through working closely with HJF/HJFMRI HQ to ensure that partners have proper policies and procedures in place related to contractual compliance by developing, improving, and revising policies related to procurement, collaboration, program management, grants, and contractual compliance, to ensure integration and proper implementation;
19. Review service agreements and partner contracts to ensure compliance with the terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
20. Oversee preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual partner financial and narrative reports for the HJFMRI/WRP-Tanzania program including monthly and annual fiscal partners records and reports and audit schedules including submitting monthly partner milestone expense report to the HJ/HJFMRI HQ in the US;
21. Ensure appropriate information is collected, records are kept, and that reports in relation to contracts and partnerships are written as required
22. Initiates various personnel actions including hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules for the contracts and partnership team/department;
23. Perform other related duties as required.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to email@example.com
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is September 30th, 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.