Ubongo is building brains and building change for families across Africa through fun edutainment on accessible technologies. We’re a social enterprise founded and based in Dar es Salaam, and we broadcast our shows Akili and Me and Ubongo Kids across the continent. We’re getting ready to expand our offices and operations into new markets, so we’re looking for energetic and self-starting new Ubongoers to join the team as we grow. Working here won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you, with lots of responsibility, plenty of fun, and the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a creative and skilled scriptwriter to brainstorm and write fun, educational stories with us for Ubongo Learning projects including but not limited to series and client projects.
SOME OF YOUR TASKS WILL BE:
- Brainstorm and outline story ideas for Ubongo Kids, Akili and Me, client projects and any future Ubongo Learning shows, working both individually and with the pre-production team.
- Scriptwriting fun, engaging and educational stories that kids and families will love, both in English and Kiswahili, that guide kids to learn and love learning, ensuring quality verbal representation of story and learning objectives.
- Translation of any written content when needed.
- Write song lyrics, treatments, reports, blogs and other materials as needed
- Improve Ubongo's writing and storytelling through continuous reviews, learning and experimentation -- always writing from a child-centric perspective and utilizing user testing to inform and inspire stories and learning.
- Help improve team efficiency by cooperating with existing workflows, including but not limited to user testing and production review, and making suggestions for improvements.
- Maintaining and growing brand of Ubongo Learning, Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me through your stories and songs.
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED TO:
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Minimum BA degree in any field involving essay or creative writing or
- Proof of creative writing skills including but not limited to scripts, books, portfolio of essays, grant applications etc
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, and you get to watch cartoons at work.
More Jobs From This Company