Title: HIV Prevention Adviser (2 positions)
Program: USAID Boresha Afya Project –Southern Zone
Duty Station: Iringa and Songea
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates to fill in the HIV Prevention Adviser positions based in Iringa and Songea.
USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone is a five-year project that aims to support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) in increasing access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, with a primary focus on HIV/AIDS, maternal, neonatal, child and reproductive health, malaria and nutrition outcomes. USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone covers geographic areas with high disease burden in Tanzania, namely Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma.
The HIV Prevention Adviser will provide technical oversight and direction for the biomedical interventions in the region. Required to collaborate with Manager HIV –Prevention/Biomedical Services at central office to provide technical assistance on the provision of KVP-focused HIV prevention, HTC, C&T, PrEP, HIVST, family planning, STIs, GBV and TB screening.
The incumbent will also provide guidance, monitoring and technical assistance on biomedical services to the R/CHMTs, and to the sub awarded CSOs in his/her region(s) of operation. Required to provide technical and programmatic assistance that incorporates evidence-based best practices in the coordination, monitoring and assessment of the HIV biomedical prevention and treatment programming, and work closely with R/CHMT and other government and non-government agencies to implement culturally appropriate interventions, advocating for increased community based interventions. Required to ensure that that comprehensive HIV prevention is built and sustained across the local and central government structures, and local CSOs. Required to promote and ensure proper integration of HIV biomedical prevention ajira activities with other activities particularly those related to reproductive health, family planning, and tuberculosis.
- Lead the USAID Boresha Afya southern zone (UBA-SZ) Biomedical Prevention portfolio in the designated region(s), in collaboration with staff, implementing partners and other key stakeholders
- Supervise and provide technical support to UBA-SZ Biomedical and SBCC offices Clinical Services in the designated region; planning and overseeing the implementation of biomedical-related technical assistance.
- Lead and monitor the operationalization of the National Guidelines for Comprehensive Package of HIV Interventions for KVPs in the designated region(s)
- Monitor the timely implementation of biomedical interventions
- Provide capacity building to CSOs to ensure proper planning and implementation of biomedical related activities in compliance with the UBA-SZ and MOH Biomedical Standard Operating Procedures
- Liaise with the RACC and RRCHCO to ensure the daily availability of biomedical supplies at the service delivery points
- Facilitate the development of monthly route plans based on the mapping reports and the peer educators’ guidance to guide effective roll out of joint demand creation activities by CSOs and biomedical services filed team.
- Conduct supervisory visits using the UBA-SZ and MOH supervisory tools and to KP Prev and PP prev to assess biomedical activities and their integration into the other services
- Lead the provision of biomedical services to all BCC groups either at the CBHTC+ teams
- Monitor the roll out of the AGYW vulnerability index by the community workers at CBHTC+ and the peer educators/biomedical provider during services delivery
- Conduct consultative meetings with KVPs to address specific biomedical service delivery and program bottlenecks, improve the promotion of family planning, PrEP, HIVST and HIV/ AIDS risk reduction methods among KVPs
- Monitor regional implementation plans and progress to biomedical targets by the CSO
- Conduct supportive supervision to CSO sites and services delivery points at the field level
- Document experiences, prepare program and site-visits reports, presentations, briefs and articles/success stories
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
- Implement forward accountability mechanism to monitor and assess progress to targets by CSOs and quality of data submitted to UBA-SZ by CSOs
- Represent UBA-SZ program in regional technical, policy, management and strategic working groups and other platforms
- Advocate for and ensure integration of HIV/AIDS activities with other related activities including maternal and child health, family planning, and tuberculosis
- Ensure the dissemination of national policy, standards, and guidelines on KVP, PrEP, HIVST and HIV programming at the regional level
- Promote and support the dissemination of project best practices and lessons learned among the project team, key stakeholders (R/CHMT , PEPFAR partners and any other local KVP partner), local partners (CSOs), and cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with other partners in the respective region
- Write, co-author and otherwise support the documentation of UBA-SZ program results in conferences and through peer-reviewed journals and publications
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing or related health field
- At least 6 years demonstrated experience working in one or more areas of biomedical HIV prevention including HIV care and treatment (required), HIV Testing Services, PrEP, HIVST TB and TB/HIV, PMTCT, Community Based HIV Services and family planning programs
- Ability to travel approximately 70%
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of EngenderHealth
- Ability to work as a team member with consortium partners minimal supervision.
The position is subject to change based on procurement requirements and is contingent upon EngenderHealth being awarded the project and availability of funds.
More Jobs From This Company