TIB Development Bank Limited is Development Finance Institutions (DFI) wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania. The bank has been established and exists under the Companies Act, 2002. The main focus of TIB Development Bank as a premier national DFI is on national projects that aim at the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, services sectors, as well as oil and gas sectors. In this regard, activities of TIB Development Bank have specifically expanded and the bank now invites suitable, qualified and skilled applicants to fill three (3) positions; Senior Legal Officer, Personal Assistant to Director and Office Attendant.
SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to Manager, Litigation and Advisory Services, S/he will be responsible in all matters related to Litigation and advisory including monitoring of loan documentation, prepare documents for civil suits, Monitor loan documents, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible to ensure that the bank is well advised on all legal issues involving its operations.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing all information required for drafting of facilities’ letters, security documents, and other documentation as required.
- Check all legal issues pertaining to loan applications before, during and after approval to ensure the bank’s interests are safeguarded.
- Prepare, execute, register, monitor loan documents, statutory registrations and ensure fulfilment of pre-disbursement conditions.
- Prepare, execute and register contracts and other legal documents
- Prepare documents for civil suits/litigation’s
- Represent the bank in Courts of Law and Tribunals
- Support Director of Legal and Secretarial Services to the bank on all matters including Board secretarial duties;
- Develops action plans and identifies the type of resources needed to deliver objectives.
- Identifies areas where the Bank can be more effective and suggests improvements.
- Demonstrates awareness of own work in meeting client needs.
- Analyses agreed on business outcomes and develop work plans to achieve them.
- Ensure papers prepared and distributed on time and meetings of the Credit Committee held as scheduled.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Law (LL.B)
- Registered advocate with a live practicing certificate of advocate
- Postgraduate in Law/LL.M in commercial law will be added advantage
- At least four (4) and above years relevant work experience in related function from reputable institutions
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities, and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be accompanied by:-
- An application letter
- Detailed and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
- Indicating your contact address such as telephone number(s) and email address(s) if available.
- Names and full addresses of three (3) referees.
- Closing date of applications will be on Friday of 18th October 2019
All application must be channeled to:
More Jobs From This Company
TIB Development Bank,
Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
P.O.BOX 9373 DAR ES SALAAM
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100