VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) is a Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of Tshs. 22 billion and 53,000 customer base, more than 3,000 of them being smallholder farmers. VFT is seeking to employ dynamic and committed Tanzanian who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below:
Work Reference No 11
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit and Investigation
Core Function: The purpose of this position is to plan, perform, report and follow-up on specific investigation assignments in Vision Fund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd under the guidance of the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing investigation engagement memos and develop and implement investigation procedures to validate reported fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement, and abuse.
- Leading and/or performing financial and operational investigations in VFT Head Office, Branches and Business centers, involving reported allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse in accordance with VFland VFT policies and procedures.
- Examining and evaluating suspected fraud allegations through detailed review and analysis of documentary and physical evidence, contact with claimants, witnesses, and experts. The holder will perform fraud investigations and submit reports to the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations, creating and supporting the implementation of preventive measures to mitigate fraud risk.
- Investigating any reported suspicious activity and report discoveries to the Head of Internal Audit and Investigations; interacting with external partners such as law enforcement agencies, vendors and banks to verify the information and determine the validity of the fraud allegations.
- Handle the Whistleblower hotline, receive the whistle blows maintain the whistle-blow register, maintain the whistleblowers with high confidentiality and conducting investigations for whistle-blows related to fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement, and abuse.
- Join with the other internal Audit team to conduct the normal audit exercise, whenever there are no fraud cases to investigate.
Key qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Laws, Criminal Justice, Finance, or a related field.
- CFE – Certification or related certification in fraud investigation iii. Certified Fraud examiner (CFE).
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CA (Chartered Accountant) is an added advantage.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years’ professional experience in investigation, auditing Data analysis/data mining skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening and relationship building
- Proficient Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Proven ability to promote team-building and interpersonal skills, for a successful result
- Good time management for assignments completed in a timely manner
- Experience of the financial institution's investigations or audits
- Must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English & Swahili, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present results using strong presentation, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
About our working environment & remuneration, VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where employees are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
HOW TO APPLY
Application letters stating the position applied with photocopies of certificates and CV’s with three referees should be sent EITHER online to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O.Box 1546, Arusha, TANZANIA.
The application to reach VFT-MFB not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advertisement (Deadline: 18th October, 2019)
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
More Jobs From This Company
Disclaimer VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.