The Ariel Glaser Paediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non–governmental ajira organization that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for motivated, result-driven, qualified, and competent candidates to fill the following positions:-
Job Title: Program Officer, Clinical Services (19)
Reports to: Cluster Lead
Duty station: Mwanza, Mara and Shinyanga
Purpose of the job:
The Program Officer, Clinical Services will work as a key member of AGPAHI’s Technical team. He/ She will run day to day program implementation activities in AGPAHI supported regions. The PO, Clinical Services will work in close collaboration with other staff members to ensure timely implementation and reporting of activities for AGPAHI supported programs
Assists in co-ordination of Care and Treatment in the programs
- Co-ordinate Care and treatment activities at local partner sites
- Assists in co-ordination training of health workers at project sites as deemed necessary
- Conduct supportive supervision and technical assistance and share findings with other program staff and technical supervisor
- Ensure and strengthen linkage between RCH integrated activities and Care and treatment
- Support and monitor implementation of integrated programs including TB/HIV, early infant diagnosis (EID), and PITC according to national guidelines
- To assist TCB, CL and LAB in the supervision of these programs
Provide technical inputs and assistance to health facilities and project staff
- Visit health facilities and provide onsite technical assistance to health facilities and project staff including assisting at the clinic days, assisting sites in data collection and submit to direct supervisor.
- Together with sub grantees, plan and oversee sub grantee site activities as stipulated in proposals (To systematically monitor the progress versus planned activities / targets.)
- To systematically provide guidance for improvement and follow up whether or not issues have been solved, or advice has been followed.
- Identifying site staff training needs, organize and facilitate trainings when required
- Participate in development of proposals and work plans for PMTCT and C&T sub grantees
- Supervising district mentors’ activities in assigned districts
Facilitate quality improvement of service delivery by sub-grantees
- Apply QI principles in regular supportive supervision through focusing on priority areas and utilizing QI-based methods /tools for improvement.
- Analyzing and providing feedback on results to site staff, CHMT, PC-QI, immediate supervisor and where possible RHMT.
- Assist health facilities in formulating, implementing and following up Quality Improvement Projects (QIPs), providing technical assistance regularly and when requested through regular supportive supervision, QI meetings and other site visits.
Facilitate monitoring and evaluation of our sub grantees
- To perform a systematic supervision of M&E systems and to make effective use of M&E data to monitor performance and to provide feedback.
- Make use of CTC 2 and GLASER data base to monitor performance of sub grantee
- Assist sites with quarterly preparation of C&T and RCH activities reports when necessary
- Assist in the preparation and review, compilation and submission of RCH , C&T, TB/HIV, PITC reports to the M&E department
Facilitate communication with partners
- Acts as the main contact person for sub-grantees to coordinate the communication between sub-grantee, Field office and other program staff
- Provide feedback to sub-grantee and other relevant stakeholders based on ISS, M&E and specific departments
- Advocate for inclusion of PMTCT and C&T activities in the CCHP
Reflective practice and organizational learning
- Document lessons learnt and provide inputs into the way forward/best practices for project implementation
- Assist in the dissemination of lessons learnt and better practices from the program
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine
- Experience in providing HIV care and treatment services.
- Minimum of (3) three years of clinical experience required with 2 years working experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment
- Excellent knowledge of national and World Health Organization and MOHSW guidelines on HIV care and treatment
- Computer literacy is necessary and the applicant should be comfortable working with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
HOW TO APPLY.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter quoting the title of the position, a CV and the Names and contact information of three referees (at least two of which must be professional) before the closure of business on Friday 18, September 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the title of the position applied for in the e-mail subject line or on the application envelope.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Jobs From This Company