Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Shift Supervisor Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the overall objective of this position is to oversee and manage the efficient and safe execution of the mining schedule in a ajira fully mechanized underground mine on a shift by shift basis.
Reporting to: Mining Section Leader
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- To coordinate both production and development deliverables while simultaneously facilitating the up skilling and professional growth of the workforce through training and development of the First Line Leaders.
- To embody and foster the company policies and values to all employees.
- An in-depth knowledge, including practical experience to ensure respective development cycles required to exceed aggressive daily key performance indicators (KPI’s) on a consistent basis. The KPI’s must be exceeded to meet the mine plan schedule.
- Ability to execute the daily plan and report all delays or deviations from the plan immediately, including the necessary recovery action.
- Plan all work in a safe and efficient manner to maximize face activity at all times.
- Provide the leadership and motivation necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to all policies, standards and procedures during the execution of their duties.
- Ensure all areas of the operational department are conducting themselves in line with the company policies and ensure a safe working environment for employees.
- Create a working environment that ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
- Effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders and provide feedback and other information as required on heading status and other areas of interest.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate all mining equipment applicable to the mine in a high speed manner
- Recognized Shift Supervisor Certificate of Competency
- Experience of not less than 15 years in general underground experience covering all aspects of mining in a high speed development and production setting.
- A minimum of 5 years in the role of development and shift supervisor performing on a continuous basis
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Adequate skill set to operate all underground machines for training purposes
- Thorough knowledge of modern trackless mechanized mining production and development methodologies including automation, ensuring industry best practice is implemented and maintained.
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites.
- Exposure to deep, narrow vein gold mining practices.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SHIFT SUPERVISOR TRAINER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company