We are currently seeking to hire an experienced full-time Finance Officer to join our team at Tumaini La Maisha Tanzania (TLM).
- Level of academic background: A degree in Accounting and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 2 years post qualification professional experience using QuickBooks accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Good organizational skills, punctuality, ajira and ability to meet deadlines
- Team spirit, socially motivated, and whose personal ethos aligns with the organization.
- Relevant experience in a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge across local laws and tax compliance
Note that non-compliance with the instructions will result in the application being dismissed.
Please note that only shortlisted individuals will be contacted and asked to come in for an interview.
Read More about what we do at https://www.wearetlm.org.
Duties and responsibilities
With input from the organization’s CEO, COO, and Donor Manager/ CFO, the position holder will be responsible for all TLM’s financially related tasks.
- Ensure compliance to the TLM Financial guidelines and guide staff in compliance with the guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations in respect to financial and other matters (e.g. Taxation, Pension funds, WCF, NHIF, HLSEB, and labour laws).
- Prepare budgets for projects and the organisation working together with the CFO and CoO.
- Monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual programmes against budget lines and provide timely advice of likely over or underspend.
- Generating required financial reports from the accounting system for internal and external use including responsibility for the annual audit process.
- Maintain a cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet the working requirements of the organization including day to day cash flow and the planned monthly spends.
- Generating donor reports in line with donor reporting requirements. Also Support the CoO and CEO in providing donors with all necessary financial and other information when requested.
- Prepare the organisation’s annual financial statements for audit and submission/filling to the relevant authorities such as TRA and NGO Board.
- Ensure proper filing of the financial data & documents in an organized and orderly way as soft copy and hard copy.
- Management of required payments and receipts.
- Management of required and authorized cash advances.
- Management of organization and project-related fixed assets.
- Attend relevant meetings with partners/stakeholders when necessary
- Responsible for checking all TLM financial documents are according to financial guidelines.
- Ensures that proper financial procedures/protocols and systems are operating and maintained throughout the organization.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the line manager or executive team.
The position is a full-time appointment with a salary of 1 million Tsh take-home monthly plus local health Insurance coverage.
To apply: Send CV in word or pdf document formats to email@example.com and use subject title: “Application TLM Finance Officer”
More Jobs From This Company