PURPOSE OF POSITION
To Provide technical leadership and coordination of Health and Nutrition interventions in Eastern cluster to ensure realization of our strategy and promise
Technical leadership (30% Time)
- Ensure work plan for all AP within the cluster are reflected in national strategy for health and nutrition
- Develop systems and processes to support area programs to have common health and nutrition approaches
- Prepare work plans for Health and Nutrition interventions ajira for every AP within the Cluster
- Ensure projects within the cluster and work plan from area program are aligned with WVT and regional strategy, and H&N TA
- Work closely with health and nutrition team leader to Develop and/or contextualize models, methodologies and tools for health and nutrition program implementation
- Provide leadership, support and technical guidance to area program and project in implementation of health and nutrition intervention/activity
- Conduct field visits to ensure area programs and project/s staffs are adequately informed, trained and provided with necessary health and nutrition work tools
End Result Expected
- All work plan and implementation are aligned with H&N strategy
Capacity Development (20% Time)
- Work with cluster manager to conduct Assessment of H&N staff capacities/ competencies
- Communicate capacity building needs and develop H&N staff capacity building plans with health and nutrition team leader
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on health and nutrition technical modules, public health topics, through trainings, workshops, technical backstopping.
- Assist in capacity building of local government, CBOs,CPGs, Church/FBOs, CCCs and other community groups
End Result Expected
- Cluster has a capacity building plan and have technically skilled staff who are equipped to perform their jobs
Learning and Evidence Base Development, Dissemination and Knowledge Management (15% Time)
- Collect, document and disseminate field best practices, case studies and success stories.
- Develop conference abstracts and/or publications based on learnings and best practice
End Result Expected
- There is documentation of proven practice and learnings which can be scaled up in programs
- Implementation of evidence-based learnings translates into improved programming impact on health and nutrition initiatives
Quality Assurance (15% Time)
- Review technically all monthly and quarterly reports from APs before submission to NO for consolidation
- High-quality monitoring, supervision, and evaluation of health intervention/activities to ensure quality implementation
- Provide supportive supervision to field staff for health and nutrition activities implementation
- Work closely with cluster DME in designing, redesigning and elaborating log frames for H&N programming
- Ensure standardization of H&N indicators and project models across areas program and project within the cluster
- Links with national HMIS (health management information systems)
- APs and Grants implementation meet technical H&N requirements.
- H&N program implementation meets standards
Networking, Partnering, and External Representation (10% Time)
- Ensure WVT is prominent actor at regional/ District health management teams
- Represent WVT at external workshops, technical forums, etc, engaging with region and district and other health and nutrition partners
End Result Expected
- Strengthen partnership with health and nutrition partners within the cluster
Disaster Preparedness/HEA (10% Time)
- Maintain situational awareness of actual and potential hazards before, during and after a disaster or public health emergency
- Understand the early warning and response mechanisms at regional/national level and local government engagement
- Collaborate cross-sectorally in emergency preparedness and disaster response.
- Provide technical input into emergency response work, if necessary
- Guide community hazard vulnerability analysis in area of health and nutrition
- Solve problems under emergency conditions
- Cluster is adequately prepared for potential public health emergencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
Degree in Human Nutrition, Social sciences, Medical Doctor and Other Heath related sciences. Master’s in Public Health is added advantage with at least
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- 5 years practical experience in health and nutrition programming with a reputable organization
- A deep knowledge of the health and nutrition issues that affect the country, with significant H&N experience in the country
- Knowledge and skills in health data management/monitoring & evaluation
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
List academic requirements, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
- Basic Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
List additional work experience preferred for this position.
- 3 + years’ experience in public health programs
- Proven experience in managing community health and nutrition projects
Include travel & work environment details.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
While all 13 core capabilities are expected of the role, to help the recruiters conduct more effective screening and interviewing of prospective candidates, please select the level for which they will interview. Then, identify a maximum of 3-4 priority core capabilities that are the most critical for this position.
More Jobs From This Company