Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit one (1) Exploration Geologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and to ensure activities in the are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Exploration Manager
- Ensure Exploration Department members and associated contractors had Zero LTIs. Increased focus on reporting and investigation of high potential incidents.
- Weekly and monthly department reports are completed according to site schedule.
- Deliver effective reporting and communications of all activities while maintaining cost control checks and balances.
- Guidance and support to Junior Geologist and technician responsible for the daily activities of the exploration programs.
- Find, evaluate and recommend exploration project in keeping with exploration strategies and budget.
- High standard reports produced (meeting NI43-101 requirements) for all targets
- 100% data (quality data) captured
- Management of feedback on timelines, accuracy and contents of reports.
- Planning short and medium terms aspects of exploration/drilling programs
- Capital efficiency by delivering project to plan and within budget
- Deliver on strategic initiatives and enhance organization effectiveness
- Improve communication, improve support strategies; monitor progress and solution elicitation
- Community survey/stakeholder engagement at all levels
- Inspect the rig for any leakage and orientation
- Collect samples and chips in a correct manner and avoid sample contamination
- Ensure no sample contamination and maintain QA/QC standards.
- Ensure density sampling on core is carried, regular updates of geological/structure maps; timely delivery of accurate geological data, knowledge, reports and documents, including weekly, monthly and quarterly geology reports.
- Assist with supervision of Geological Technicians and Assistants responsible for sample collection and dispatching samples to the lab.
- Ensure samples are taken / prepared to the highest standard prior to dispatch for analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology
- 2- 3 years’ experience in geology (preferably geology exploration)
- Experience in managing exploration data/drilling programs
- Hands on experience in field work, exploration data and drilling programs.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge in geology software (ArcGIS, datamine, micromine, leapfrog, Surpac, Vulcan software
- Analysis and diagnosis
- Team Leadership
- Practical hands-on mapping, sampling and logging skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and ajira learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 18 May 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
More Jobs From This Company