BRAC TANZANIA FINANCE LIMITED (BTFL) is the largest Microfinance organization in Tanzania with a mission to responsibly provide a range of financial services to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women's entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position.
Position (1): Assistant Banking Application Manager
Job Location: Country Office, Dar Es Salaam
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers. Develop processes for optimizing database security. Performance tuning of database systems.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Working with the BIHBV IT teams and service partners, lead successful implementation and maintenance of Temenos core banking system at branch offices and work with IT Head to ensure the establishment of published standards, policies, and procedures for maintaining the integrity of the Model Bank.
- Ensure effective technical and user support for core applications-the maintenance of the Model Bank, product specification and documentation of system changes, development of Management reports, management of efficient test and disasters recovery environments.
- Ensure the security of business data within core applications.
- Coordinate end user training for core applications with IT Service Manager and Field IT officers.
- Lead the implementation and testing procedures to ensure the newly released software Procedures the expected results for the business operations.
- Apply strict change control measures in any customizations required by the BTFL users. Process Closure of Business/ End of Day activities in T24 Core Banking System
- Establish and enforce core applications system backup, recovery, and data retention criteria. Relate well with BI IT and strategic service partners to resolve complex technical problems. Document recovery procedures and security setting for applications for the purpose of disaster recovery and user security.
- Encourage teamwork and the sharing of best practices among all staff.
- Keep in line with the trend in the market, advise management on market development. (e.g., Temenos development roadmap and current developments in microfinance and banking industry
REQUIRED SKILLS/ CAPACITY:
- Experience supporting Temenos (T24) Core banking system in medium to large organizations at least 4 years of advanced Microsoft SQL database Management experience.
- Experience with integration technologies such as Apache Active MQ, and Rest APIs will be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology.
- Professional certification in ITIL Foundation and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Master's degree in computer science is an advantage.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please email your CV with a letter of interest mentioning expected salary and the title of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 23rd February 2024